Welcome to the LCHS Media Center
"Every day is a good day in the library"
MEDIA CENTER HOURS:
Monday-Thursday 7:20-4:00 p.m.
Friday 7:20-3:20 p.m.
MEDIA CENTER ACCESS:
The media center is accessible as a resource center to individuals, groups, and classes throughout each instructional day.
The mission of the Lumpkin County School System Media Program is to support the school's curriculum, assist students in becoming effective users of information and to foster the love of reading.
This mission is accomplished by:
· Providing access to learning resources in a variety of formats.
· Teaching skills necessary to locate, evaluate and use resources.
· Collaborating with other educators to design learning strategies that support the curriculum.
· Supporting reading initiatives and stimulating an interest in reading.
- Books may be checked out for a period of 2 weeks. There is a 2-book limit. Overdue charges are .05 per day with a maximum of $5.00. Students will not be allowed to check out additional materials until all books are returned and fines paid. Students are encouraged to renew their book for an additional loan period to reduce fines.
- Audiovisual materials are not available for students to checkout. All equipment/realia/non-print material is to be used for classroom instruction only.
- Students are responsible for the cost of any materials that are lost or unduly damaged. Replacement charges will be made for lost items.
LCHS students must abide by the Lumpkin County School District acceptable use policy IFBGA-AP. A parent must sign the Internet Use Permission Form included in the handbook before students will be permitted access to the Internet. Computers are for instructional purposes only. No gaming or surfing is allowed. Misuse of school computers could result in a loss of privileges for the school year.
STUDENT USE OF THE MEDIA CENTER:
A student must have a signed agenda book from a teacher to use the Media Center during the school day and are expected to make effective and efficient use of the materials in the Media Center. No food or drinks are allowed at any time. No cell phone usage or any other electronic device is allowed.
All printing is for instructional purposes only. Black and white copies are .05 and color are .25 each.
As a service to our students, the Media Center sells school supplies including: pens, pencils, note cards, highlighters, poster board, and paper. Spirit wear is also available. Healthy snacks are also available.